The unique ‘maceration carbonique’ fermentation, which enhances the fruit and floral aromas of the wine, was used for 65% of the grapes. The other 35% received a traditional, warm, red wine fermentation. The resulting wines completed their malolactic fermentation and were matured for eight weeks in seasoned French oak barrels, before blending and bottling.
Gamay Noir ’23
Te Mata Tasting Note
Wild strawberry, liquorice, watermelon and sherbet characters create the instant appeal of Gamay Noir ’23, an ultra-modern, flavour-packed, light-bodied red. Cherry-crimson in the glass, the wine’s lush palate is saturated by vibrant red berry fruit and candied apple. Quenchable and balanced with a refreshing acidity on the finish.
|Total acidity as tartaric||
Estate Gamay Noir '23
In 1995, Te Mata Estate introduced to New Zealand a superior selection of Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, the grape variety of the best wines of France’s Beaujolais region. Estate Gamay Noir ’23 is a single vineyard wine from Te Mata Estate’s Woodthorpe Terraces vineyard, harvested from 9 March to 5 April 2023.
Licence Number 29/OFF/035/23
If you’re ordering for New Zealand delivery the charges are $12 per 6 or 12-pack for North Island courier delivery and $16 per 6 or 12-pack for the South Island. Deliveries are made on weekdays to physical addresses, usually within five working days.
You will receive tracking details when your items are dispatched, please contact us if there’s a delay.
We can send your order to most places in the world. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and delivery address.