The unique ‘maceration carbonique’ fermentation, which enhances the fruit and floral aromas of the wine, was used for 66% of the grapes. The other 34% received a traditional, warm, red wine fermentation. The resulting wines completed their malolactic fermentation and were matured for 3 months in seasoned French oak barrels, before blending and bottling.
2012 Estate Gamay Noir
Te Mata Tasting Note
Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’12 is a fabulous bright crimson, with aromas and flavours of fresh roses, black cherries, raspberries, cinnamon and marzipan. The palate is full-flavoured, very ripe and supple, with refreshing, fine tannins and a soft, dry finish.
100% gamay noir a jus blanc
2 to 5 years +
Estate Gamay Noir '12
In 1995, Te Mata Estate introduced to New Zealand a superior selection of Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, the grape variety of the best wines of France’s Beaujolais region. Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’12 is a single vineyard wine from Te Mata Estate’s Woodthorpe Terraces vineyard, harvested between 26 and 28 March 2012.
All Te Mata Estate wines are grown in the same vineyards, made by the same people, and are all bottled onsite at the winery established in 1896. Estate wines are varietally-driven, representing the finest expression of Te Mata’s Hawke’s Bay vineyard sites.
If you’re ordering for New Zealand delivery the charges are $9 per 6 or 12-pack for North Island courier delivery and $12 per 6 or 12-pack for the South Island. Deliveries are made on weekdays to physical addresses, usually within five working days.
You will receive tracking details when your items are dispatched, please contact us if there’s a delay.
We can send your order to most places in the world. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and delivery address.